IPL VS PSL: There is no doubt that cricket is one of the most favorite sports of people globally. All over the world, multiple countries are involved in this sport and give their 100% to play it with dignity and strength. Cricket is now being played nationally, internationally and even some countries like India, Pakistan have their interstate cricket leagues. In India, we have the Indian premier league, where Pakistan has its excellent Pakistan super league. Whenever we compare IPL vs PSL, many things are different, such as the number of teams, players, prize money, runner-up prizes, etc.
Hence, people find it very difficult to know about IPL vs PSL. If you are one of those people who have no idea about the Indian Premier League and the Pakistan Super League, then we are here to help you. In this article, we have summarized IPL and PSL, how they are different from each other, and the prize money that the winning player gets in IPL vs PSL. If you are a cricket enthusiast, then this article is for you.
Interesting Facts about IPL | About Indian Premier League (IPL)
Indian premier league, IPL, is an Indian-origin cricket sport in which cricket players from all over the world participate and play together. IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league that is being played in India with full enthusiasm and zeal. People in India and residing in foreign countries are also very fond of all, and they watch it with total energy and passion. Cricket enthusiasts never fail to support their favorite teams in the IPL. Ten teams contest in IPL, and these teams are based on the ten major cities of India.
Indian premier league was founded by the Board of Control for Cricket in India in 2007, and since then, IPL has become the soul of Indian Cricket. Since 2007, every year, IPL matches have been conducted between March and May. Some teams are Royal challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad, etc., but when we compare IPL vs PSL, the team’s difference is very high. There are many more extraordinary aspects of IPL which every cricket enthusiast must know. If you are willing to learn about the various aspects of cricket of the Indian premier league, then the below-mentioned points will help you:
- IPL was first played in India in the year 2007.
- It is an Indian version of the Twenty20 cricket league.
- There are twenty overs in which two teams compete against each other, and one finally wins.
- The league is approximately two months long and ends with the semifinals and finals.
- The winning team wins the grand IPL trophy and prize money.
- There is special prize money for each player and runner-ups.
- A total of 10 units participate in the IPL and contest against each other for the title.
- Indian premier league also has its exclusive window in the ICC Future Tours Programme.
So these were some of the particular facts about the Indian premier league. When you compare IPL vs PSL, you will realize that there are many points of difference between the two. Pakistan and India have always had a significant controversy in cricket, and we are here to solve this comparison and discussion. Now that we are aware of the various features and aspects of the Indian premier league, it’s time to look after the Pakistan super league. Once we know about the Pakistan cricket league, we compare IPL vs PSL and go through its various aspects. So let’s see what PPE is and how it is different from IPL.
Interesting Facts about PSL | About Pakistan Super League (PSL)
As we now know about the Indian premier league, on the other hand, we have the Pakistan super league. PSL is one of the major cricket events of Pakistan, which is being played between 6 high-end cricket teams of Pakistan. These six teams represent the six significant cities of Pakistan, such as Islamabad United, etc. This is a professional Pakistan version of the Twenty20 cricket league. Pakistan cricket league is contested during February and March and has its exciting Double round-robin and playoffs tournament format. People in Pakistan are crazy about this league and have enough passion for supporting their favorite teams.
If we compare IPL vs PSL, we can see that, unlike India, the Pakistan premier league was recently launched in 2015 by the Pakistan cricket board. It was founded with five teams, and later on, one more team was added to the format constituting a total of 6 teams that contested against each other in the Pakistan premier league. With the semi-female and female company, the winning team is announced and awarded a PSL trophy and exciting prize money. This is enough about PSL. There are many more interesting facts about the Pakistan premier league that every cricket enthusiast must know. They are as follows:
- PSL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league.
- Od is contested during February and March every year.
- It was first played in the year 2015 within five teams.
- The 6rth team has been added recently to the format of the Pakistan premier league.
- It was founded on 9 September 2015, and since then, it has been conducted annually.
- From 2021, The PSL will have a Double round-robin and playoffs.
So these were some of the main points and unknown facts about the Pakistan super league. Now that you are aware of the various aspects of both the Indian premier league and the Pakistan Super League, it’s time to compare the two. When we compare IPL Vs PSL, we can easily understand the difference between the two and would be able to identify how they are exceptional and exciting from each other. This section will be an amazing one for the cricket enthusiast and those who are very interested in the controversies of Indian cricket and Pakistan cricket. Here, we will mention the various aspects of both IPL vs PSL in detail.
Difference between IPL and PSL
Now that you are aware of the basic features of both IPL and PSL, it’s time to know about the significant differences between the two. Both the cricket leagues are very different, but there are also specific points of similarity that people must notice. Hence, here we are up with the significant difference between IPL vs PSL, which you must note down. The essential points of difference between IPL vs. PSL are as follows:
- IPL stands for Indian premier league, whereas PSL stands for Pakistan Super League.
- IPL was launched in 2007, whereas PSL was established in 2015.
- You can find IPL is contested between 10 teams, and PSL contends between 6 groups.
- The prize money for the winner of IPL is INR 20 crore, and the prize money for the winner of PSL is INR 3.5 crore.
- The runner-up prize amount of IPL vs PSL is INR 12.5 crore and INR 1.5 crore, respectively.
- Both IPL and PSL have their grand trophy for the winning team.
- IPL is played during March and April, whereas PSL is played during February and March.
So above were the major points of difference between IPL vs. PSL. If you are curious to know everything about IPL vs PSL, then this article is for you. Both the IPL and PSL have their fan following and exciting viewpoint of the audience. Therefore, the comparison between the two could be very energetic and passionate for the cricket enthusiasts.