Hero ISL – NorthEast United FC vs SC East Bengal | NEUFC VS SCEB Dream11 Prediction
The 7th matchday in the Hero Indian Super League(Hero ISL) is set to host the ultimate do-or-die encounter between two teams rooted firmly to the bottom of the table. NorthEast United currently sit 10th in the table with 4 points after 6 matches whereas their opposition East Bengal is at an even abysmal position as they have just mustered 3 points from 6 games. NorthEast United will host East Bengal at the Fatorda Stadium after a thumping loss at the hands of Hyderabad FC which saw the home team win 5-1 to claim all 3 points in a very one-sided affair. Despite their poor performance, East Bengal managed to hold on to a draw against 7th placed Kerala Blasters. East Bengal will be left with a lot to do with NorthEast United’s strong attack.
- Date: 17th December 2021
- Time: 07:30 pm
- Venue: Fatorda Stadium, Goa.
- Live Stream: Star Sports Network and Hotstar
Head to Head: NorthEast United Fc vs SC East Bengal
- Matches Played: 2
- NorthEast United FC Won: 2
- SC East Bengal Won: 0
- Draw: 0
East Bengal’s introduction to the ISL last year means these two teams have only ever faced each other two times. So far, this fixture has been very one-sided with NorthEast United claiming all 6 points.
- Subhasish Roy Chowdhury (GK)
Subhasish Roy has been a mainstay in NorthEast United’s goal and takes our pick for the goalkeeper spot. The Indian goalkeeper has managed to keep 2 clean sheets in his last 6 matches and hopes to make it a third against East Bengal.
2. Hernan Santana (Midfielder)
Hernan Santana has been the heartbeat of the NorthEast United squad throughout the whole season connecting the defense and attack for 6 straight matches. The only aspects missing from his game are the goals and assists.
3. V.P. Suhair (Midfielder)
V.P. Suhair and Hernan Santana have developed a good partnership in the middle and will look to work together to dismantle East Bengal for the third time in two years.
- Franjo Prce (Defender)
Prce has been a force in defense for SC East Bengal and been a glimmer of hope in an otherwise abysmal start to the season. Franjo Prce and East Bengal will look to keep their first clean sheet against NorthEast United.
2. Amir Dervisevic (Midfielder)
East Bengal’s new summer signing has accumulated one goal and no assists so far this season. However, he has looked sharp in the middle of the park for East Bengal and will look to add to his tally this season.
3. Antonio Perosevic (Striker)
The 29 year old Croatian has been the bright spark in a poor East Bengal team with 2 goals and 1 assist in 6 matches. He will look to score a few against another poor side in this blockbuster fixture.
NorthEast United FC:
- Chowdhury (GK) ( C ), P. Lakra, Hernan Santana, P. Flottmann, T. Singh, P. Gogoi, I. Khan, V.P. Suhair, L.Ralte, M. Coureur
SC East Bengal:
- Roy (GK), R. Gaikwad, T. Mrcela, F. Prce, H. Mondal, A.S. Kiyam, S. Das, A. Dervisevic, A. Perosevic, T. Haokip, D. Chukwu
NorthEast United FC: 70%
SC East Bengal: 30%
NorthEast United FC 3 – 0 SC East Bengal
Dream XI Team
- GK- Subhasish Roy Chowdhury
- Defenders- Franjo Prce, P. Flottmann, P. Lakra, T. Mrcela
- Midfielders- V.P. Suhair, Amir Dervisevic, Hernan Santana
- Forwards- Antonio Perosevic, M. Coureur, D. Chukwu