Roulette Payouts: There are several betting options in Roulette but they are fairly easy to understand. Before you begin playing, you need to understand how roulette payouts work so that you can frame the strategies accordingly. Roulette Payouts determine where you place the chips on the table.
The format of the odds in roulette is x to 1, where x determines how many times of the bet amount you will win if you get the number you bet on through the spin. For example, the odds of 35 to 1 means you will win 35 times your bet amount. Think of it the easier way, for every dollar, you will get 35 dollars back.
How Does The Casino Make Money?
There is always a difference between the odds of winning and the payout odds. The odds of winning is the probability of you landing the right number to win your bet.
For example, on the standard American roulette wheel, you have a chance of winning only 1 in 38 times, if you bet on a single number.
The odds of winning are always lower than the payoff for your bet amount. Therefore, the live casino makes money in the long run.
The casino always makes money through long-term averages. There will always be more incidents of them not needing to pay you any money because the odds of winning are just designed such.
Different Roulette Bets and Roulette Payouts
The bets on the outside of the betting surface pay off better than other betting numbers/combinations. You win with these bets but win more frequently. These are the outside bets you can make:
- You can bet on either color Red or Black and the payout is even money. The payout for these types of betting is 1:1.
- You can bet on either even numbers or odd numbers on the wheel. The payout for both these choices is even, the payout is 1:1.
- You can bet on either the low numbers or the high numbers. The low numbers are from 1-18, and the high numbers are from 19-36. The payout for this is even too, the payout is 1:1.
- On the betting surface, the numbers are arranged in columns. You can bet in a way that the ball will land on either of the numbers listed on these columns. The payout for this is 2:1 that is for every dollar you bet, you win $2 back if you win your bet.
- You can bet on dozens. Essentially, the numbers on the roulette wheel are divided into three groups, 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36. Betting on either of the groups gives you a payout of 2:1.
On the outside bets, if the ball lands on 0 or 00 (in the American wheel), it is counted as a loss. They are marked in green and they are neither considered high/low nor even/odd.
The bets placed on the numbers inside the betting surface are called inside bets. The probability of these numbers landing is less, but the payouts are higher. Here are the different inside bets on the roulette board:
- You can bet on a single number. This is called ‘straight up’ betting. The payout for the same is 35:1 which is the highest payout among all betting methods on roulette. But as you can predict, the probability of winning is also the lowest.
- Else, you can bet on numbers that are placed next to each other on the roulette betting surface. This gives you a payout of 17 to 1.
- Or you can bet on three numbers placed adjacent to each other on the roulette betting surface. The payout for this betting method is 11 to 1.
- If you bet on the corners, it covers four numbers placed around each other on the roulette betting surface. This further increases your chances of winning, although the payout is reduced to 8 to 1.
- There is an option to bet on five numbers as well. If you wish to, you can bet on 0,00,1,2,3 but note that this betting method has a higher house edge. The payout for five-number betting is 6 to 1.
- If you bet on a line, you can bet on 6 numbers together at once. The payoff for this is further reduced to 5 to 1 but there is slightly more probability of winning on the roulette board.
Conclusion – Roulette Payouts
If you are new to roulette in general, it can be slightly confusing to know the different roulette payouts. The best way to get the hang of it is to play free roulette games which do not take in real money. This way you can learn without the fear of losing money. Check out top free roulette games online to get started.
But no matter the mode you choose, make sure to play responsibly. Spend your money wisely and always keep a fixed budget before you start playing.